Oh, how I hate my fellow man some days. I think, therefore I don’t need Tech Support Doing phone support all day can sure make a man jaded when it comes to having any kind of confidence that there is actually intelligent life on this planet. I have a wall poster in my office that has several clever saying regarding technical support truths, but one in particular kind of sums up all the others.
“Can you help me with this” usually means “Please do it for me”. In honor of this depressing thought I would like to draw your attention to my fine philosophical idol Ayn Randand her introduction to objectivism. Please read this and for the love of family, PLEASE try to think for yourselves people.
A Philosophy For Living
“My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.” –Ayn Rand
Objectivism means :
– Believing in yourself, not in any church, not in society, and not in fellow man.
– Not take things on faith, for reason is man’s greatest attribute.
– Helping yourself to not rely on others; and not letting others rely on you.
– Realizing that Man is an end in and of himself- not a means to ANY other purpose.
– Understanding that your personal happiness is your PRIMARY moral obligation.
– Always trying to achieve you greatest goals and productivity.
..and in doing so becomes a heroic beings.